From：Xiamen Hosingtech Auto Parts Co., Ltd Release time：2018-10-30
Intercoolers are generally only visible in vehicles with superchargers. Because the intercooler is actually a turbocharged accessory, its function is to reduce the temperature of the high temperature air after boosting, to reduce the thermal load of the engine, increase the intake air amount, and thus increase the power of the engine.
The role of the available universal high quality car intercooler is to reduce the intake air temperature of the engine.
(1) The temperature of the exhaust gas discharged from the engine is very high, and the heat transfer through the supercharger increases the temperature of the intake air. Moreover, the density of the air increases during compression, and also causes the temperature of the air discharged from the supercharger to rise, as the air pressure increases, but the oxygen density decreases, thereby affecting the effective charging efficiency of the engine. If you want to further improve the charging efficiency, you should lower the intake air temperature. Data shows that under the same air-fuel ratio conditions, the engine power can be increased by 3% to 5% for every 10 °C drop in charge air temperature.
(2) If the uncooled charge air enters the combustion chamber, it will affect the engine's charging efficiency, and it will easily lead to excessive engine combustion temperature, causing knocking and other faults, and increase the NOx content in the engine exhaust. , causing air pollution.
(3) Reduce engine fuel consumption
(4) Improve the adaptability to altitude. At high altitudes, medium-cooling can use a higher-pressure ratio compressor, which gives the engine more power and improves the car's adaptability.
(5) Improve supercharger matching and adaptability